SELF-CARE TIPS WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING
While most of us have been homebound for weeks or even months now, it’s really begun to register how helpful it is to maintain a daily routine and stick to your regular habits to help create a sense of normalcy, structure and comfort. Here are some simple self-care tips to keep the positive energy flowing while you’re social distancing:
- Write down a daily mantra or intention.
- Keep up with your regular habits and routines, including the simple ones like brushing your teeth, making your bed, showering and getting dressed in the morning.
- Notice and practice your breathing.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat well.
- Join us for a daily live stream yoga, HOT HIIT® or meditation class.
- Take care of your plants.
- If you’re working from home, try to maintain your regular work hours.
- Go for a walk outside (while keeping at least 6 feet away from others).
- Listen to music.
- Keep up with your favorite podcasts (or discover new ones).
- Get organized.
- Stay connected with family and friends at a distance through the gift of technology. Take note of all the inventive ideas that are circling around like virtual book clubs, happy hours, and game and movie nights all from your individual living rooms!
- Learn to cook or bake something new.
- Express yourself- whether that’s in a journal, blogging, capturing video, scrapbooking, etc.
- Give yourself a spa night. Paint your nails, take a bath, do a face mask and enjoy a glass of wine!
- Get plenty of sleep.
Thank you to all of the healthcare professionals for your immeasurable service at this time. You are true heroes. Do not let self care be lost on you at this time.
We also know that many of you are working overtime to save businesses right now. Remember, it’s important to keep a healthy balance and make time for yourself and your family to help keep your stress levels down.
We will get through this together!