Hot bodē Power Yoga
Introducing Hot bodē Power Yoga!
This 60 minute class will leave you feeling invigorated and empowered. Explore your edge through fun, smart sequences set to dynamic, upbeat playlists. This athletically and mentally challenging class will test your core and upper body strength while building endurance, flexibility, balance, stamina and cardio. We welcome all levels to this class, however we strongly encourage that you are comfortable with our Hot bodē Flow class first.
Beginning October 3rd, Wednesdays on the Upper East Side at 4pm
In her own words
About the instructor, Jenny Mendez:
- Describe your teaching style
- Through my classes, I aim to empower my students to improve on multiple elements of their overall health: mental focus, mobility, flexibility, strength, relaxation, and spirituality. I design my sequences thoughtfully so that all of these various elements are integrated into a natural and intelligent flow of movements. I help my students to maximize the benefits of the class through precise cuing and attentiveness to form.
- Describe any of your specialties:
- I love inversions and helping students get there!!!
- What led you to your practice and then to teach?
- Yoga was initially a form of therapy for me. It provided me a means to counteract the stresses exerted upon my body by my professional dance career, which included a prolonged tenure with Pilobolus Dance Theater. As I kept on with my practice, I discovered in yoga a source of calm that empowered me to manage the hustle-and-bustle of modern life. Yoga also became for me an endless wellspring of inspiration and a map to countless paths to self-discovery. It was a passion to share the physical, mental, and spiritual benefits of yoga that drove me to become a teacher.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself:
- I went to high school with Beyoncé. She learned all her moves from me!